The most important event of the year for infographic departments and professionals in newspapers and magazine all across the world is the Malofiej, organized by the Society of News Design (SND). Held in the Spanish city of Pamplona, it has evolved, during the last two decades, to a point where it’s now an event with huge relevance in all data visualization fields outside the newsrooms.
Looking at the speakers for the Malofiej 21 (that will be happening between March 13 and 15) you can see precisely the intersection of so many (apparently) different realities, ranging from Nicholas Felton (Feltron Report) to Fernanda Viegas (Google).
Here’s the full list, as seen on the Malofiej 21 website.
• Amanda Hobbs, USA.
• Wilson Andrews. The Washington Post, USA.
• Nathan Yau. Visualize This!, USA.
• Jan Willem. Tulp, Holland.
• Stefanie Posavec, UK.
• Nicholas Felton. Feltron Report, USA.
• Fernanda Viegas. Google, USA.
• Frederik Ruys, Holland.
• Fabricio Miranda. Superinteressante, Brazil.
• Jaime Serra. La Vanguardia, Spain. (we interviewed Jaime recently)
• Nikolai Romanov. The Infographics magazine, Russia.
• Graham Roberts. The New York Times, USA.
• Jen Christiansen. Scientific American Magazine, USA.
• Daniela Duckhorn. Stern, Germany.
Besides the presentations from some of the most influential names in data visualization, the Malofiej awards became the ultimate prize for information designers working in print and online media. Hundreds of the best infographic and interactive works from dozens of countries will be carefully examined by the juri. The deadline for submissions is February 15th.
Link: Malofiej 21 – Speakers del M21